There are several people worldwide suffering from prostate cancer. According to data, prostate cancer accounts for about 15% of all cancer cases in men worldwide. It is important to make a clear approach to tackle this condition. Usually, patients need to undergo surgical intervention to cure this cancer condition which affects patients not only physically or mentally but also financially.
As a popular medical destination, India offers affordable treatment options for patients seeking medical treatment for prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Surgical Cost in India is basic, and patients get various quality services at this cost.
What is Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer is one of the most recurring kinds of cancer in males. It grows in the prostate gland in men. The prostate gland produces and stores seminal fluids, which further nourish and transports sperm. It is formed when cells present in the prostate gland start growing and dividing rapidly. The age of the males is the factor that increases the complexity. More the age of the individual, more the risk of prostate cancer.
Early symptoms cannot be noticeable, but a mature cancer stage can showcase some symptoms, including blood in the urine, erectile dysfunction, discomfort in the pelvic area, difficulty in urination, and weak urine flow.
Numerous factors are responsible for developing prostate cancer. Early detection and timely treatment can give better health outcomes for the patients. The treatment involves various tests, surgical processes, radiation therapies, and chemotherapy. All of these need to handle under expert guidance and advanced medical infrastructure.
Prostate Cancer: Causes & Risk Factors
The major cause of prostate cancer is unknown, but there are several factors that believe to contribute to its development. Here is the list of the cause and risk factors, including –
- Patient’s Age –Prostate cancer is more common in older men in comparison to younger. Also, the risk factors increase after the age of 50.
- Patient’s Family History –Having someone from the family, such as a father or brother, who affects with prostate cancer can increase the chances of the disease.
- Hormonal Factors –The male hormone testosterone and its derivative dihydrotestosterone both have a role in the development of prostate cancer. High quantities of these hormones can contribute to the formation of cancer.
- Lifestyles Related Factors –If the patient continues to live an unhealthy lifestyle, including taking a diet high in red meat, dairy products, or smoking, it can lead to prostate cancer.
Prostate Cancer: Staging & Diagnosis
Here is the staging and diagnosis process for prostate cancer –
- Screening & Evaluation – Prostate cancer is diagnosed by screening tests such as the prostate-specific antigen blood test and digital rectal exam.
- Prostate Biopsy – A prostate biopsy is conducted if the first screening tests reveal the presence of prostate cancer. This includes collecting tiny tissue samples from the prostate gland using an ultrasound-guided needle. Further, the samples are analyzed under a microscope to confirm the existence of cancer cells.
- Gleason Score – Gleason scores are given to biopsy samples to show the complexity of the cancer cells.
- Imaging Tests – Magnetic resonance imaging, bone scanning, and computed tomography scanning is used to detect the degree of cancer spread in the body.
- Staging – The process of concluding the degree and spread of cancer is known as staging.
Understand Prostate Cancer Surgical Cost in India
Prostate Cancer Surgical Cost in India Generally lies down between INR 2,00,000 to INR 3,00,000. Additionally, chemotherapy ranges between INR 40,000 to INR 60,000, and prostatectomy ranges between INR 1,70,000 to INR 2,30,000.
The fees of the surgeon, the location of the hospital, medical services, and other facilities also affect the cost of the treatment. In India, patients get affordable treatment with quality services to cure their medical issues.
There are various therapy sessions, surgery interventions, and medication involved in this that affect the cost of the treatment. Also, it depends on the patient’s requirements and needs and the choice of hospital and medical facilities.
What Factors Affect Prostate Cancer Surgical Costs in India?
There are multiple factors responsible for the cost of prostate cancer in India, which include –
- Qualified Surgeon Fees – The cost of an operation is influenced by the surgeon’s experience and reputation. Surgeons with great experience in prostate cancer surgery charge a higher cost.
- Hospital Expenses –The choice of hospital greatly impacts the cost. Surgical fees at high-end private hospitals are greater than those at government or nonprofit institutions. The hospital’s reputation, infrastructure, and amenities all contribute to the overall cost.
- Medical Services – Additional medical treatments, such as pre-surgical consultations, diagnostic testing, anesthesia, post-operative care, and follow-up consultations, depending on the individual’s condition, can increase the final cost.
- Type of Medical Surgery – The surgical method used to treat prostate cancer can affect the cost. The costs of various procedures vary, such as open surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and robot-assisted surgery. Although more expensive, robot-assisted surgery offer advantages in terms of shorter hospital stays and speedier recovery.
India offers the best medical facilities at reasonable treatment costs. The well-developed infrastructure of India and the availability of top medical professionals make it possible to deliver the best quality medical services to patients worldwide. India has the finest facilities and infrastructure to deal with Prostate cancer.
Also, the success rate of Prostate cancer treatment is very higher than in any other country. The high ratio of successful surgeries is a witness to India’s success in transforming into a medical tourist destination. Today, thousands of patients visit India for treatment of Prostate and get positive results.