Cost becomes a challenge when individuals are seeking medical solutions for polypectomy. It is a complex medical procedure with an expensive treatment cost. Finding a place with an affordable solution is bliss, and in India, you can quickly get treatment under your budget.
India is popularly known as a destination for medical tourism. Many medical tourists visit India to get the finest solution for their condition. The availability of skillful doctors, surgeons, and medical professionals with an advanced infrastructure is why India established its name as the most preferred medical place. Hysteroscopic Polypectomy Cost in India is one of the biggest reasons that make it a people’s choice medical destination.
About Polypectomy & Polyps
Polypectomy is a medical procedure that can help remove polyps from the body. Polyps are abnormal tissue growths in various parts of the human body, including nasal passages, gastrointestinal tract, uterus, or colon. The continuous growth of these tissues becomes problematic in the long run that needs to be treated with polypectomy. This procedure aims to remove the polyps and prevent the area from developing more polyps that can lead to conditions such as cancer.
As per the location of the polyps, the medical professional takes charge of removing them. Various specialized instruments and techniques were used during the treatment. Polypectomy is a crucial procedure in both diagnosis and treatment. It examines the polyps, provides crucial information, and offers an accurate diagnosis.
Various Types of Polyps That Required Polypectomy
Certain types of polyps develop in various parts of the body, which include –
- Colorectal Polyps – These polyps are found in the colon or rectum. They are classified into three types: adenomatous polyps, hyperplastic polyps, and serrated polyps.
- Uterine Polyps –These polyps types form growths in the uterine lining. They are capable of causing irregular uterine bleeding, infertility, or repeated miscarriages.
- Nasal Polyps –The noncancerous growths form in the nasal passages or sinuses. They can produce nasal congestion, a runny nose, face discomfort, and a loss of smell.
- Gastrointestinal Polyps –These polyps can develop in the stomach, small intestine, or elsewhere in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Bladder Polyps – These are unusual growths that can form in the bladder lining. While most bladder polyps are not harmful, they can cause urinary symptoms and take polypectomy in exceptional circumstances.
Common Signs and Symptoms
Here are some general symptoms of polyps, including –
- Blood in Stool or Rectal Bleeding
- Abdominal Pain
- Diarrhea or Constipation
- Iron Deficiency
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Nasal Blockage
- Unnecessary Weight Loss
- Runny Nose or Postnasal Drip
- Breathing Issues
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
Procedure of Polypectomy
A specific procedure should be followed to remove the polyps. If it is not treated within the time, it can become a more serious condition like cancer. Here are the approaches used in the polypectomy –
- Endoscopic Polypectomy –An endoscope is a thin, flexible tube consisting of a light and a camera that is used to see the polyps. Endoscopic polypectomy is a procedure that is usually performed to remove polyps from the gastrointestinal tract, such as the colon or rectum.
- Hysteroscopic Polypectomy –This procedure is used to remove uterine polyps. A hysteroscopy is a tiny tube containing a light and camera that is introduced into the uterus through the vagina and cervix. The polyp is pictured and removed with the help of this device.
- Nasal Polypectomy –Nasal polypectomy removes nasal polyps that cause nasal congestion and other symptoms. Endoscopic procedures are used to remove the polyps, in which a tiny endoscope is placed through the nostril to see and remove the polyps.
- Transurethral Bladder Polyp Resection –This method removes bladder polyps. A cystoscope is placed into the bladder, and the polyps are visualized and removed with the help of special equipment.
What is the Polypectomy Cost in India?
This complex procedure costs between INR 90,000 to INR 1,50,000. Polypectomy Cost in India is very low in comparison to other countries. The further cost depends on the polyps’ location, the procedures’ complexity, hospital location, medical facilities, and the additional personalized services chosen by the patients.
The affordability of the treatment makes it accessible to all patients all around the world. The cost of the treatment further increases depending on the other facilities and services required or needed by the patients, including the hospital stay, specialized medications, follow-up consultation, recovery-related facilities, and others.
Polypectomy: Risk & Challenges
Some risks and complications are linked with every medical procedure that needs to be understood before going for the procedure. It will help the patients to understand the process better. Here are the things you consider before going for the surgery –
- Bleeding –It is one of the most frequent dangers of polypectomy, especially if the polyp is big or in a highly vascular location.
- Perforation –In some circumstances, unintended perforation or puncture of the organ or tissue where the polyp is situated is dangerous.
- Infection –There is a minor risk of infection at the polypectomy site.
- Anesthesia-related complications –If the polypectomy is conducted under general anesthesia, there is a minor risk of anesthesia-related complications, such as breathing issues or allergic responses.
Medical conditions are delicate and need complete attention and extra care during treatment. Although the medical conditions, complexity, and additional requirements increase the cost of the treatment, thanks to the cutting-edge technology and exemplary infrastructure of India, it become affordable and accessible to all patients who are looking for medical solutions for polyps removal. India is well-reputed for its medical facilities and reasonable treatment cost. All surgeons’ fees to medical facilities come under the patients’ budget. Also, the other medical financial options decrease the cost of the treatment, including insurance. So, if you are looking for an affordable polypectomy procedure, you must visit India for better health and well-being.